n2nov.net Forum Index n2nov.net
NYDXA Radio Related Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roosevelt I tram freq?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Roosevelt I tram freq? Reply with quote

The incident yesterday afternoon/night prompted me to search for posted frequencies in use by the tramway system. I couldn't find any references. I believe it's part of the MTA system. What PD command covers Roosevelt I and what transit Division frequencies are used by the system. If not part of MTA, does anyone know what other frequencies are (will be) in use once they get it going again?
SCANdal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug,

Your belief that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority is involved with the operation of the Roosevelt Island Tram is incorrect. A State agency is involved though - the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation. Click on http://www.ny.com/transportation/ri_tramway.html for some details.

Re your PD command question: Roosevelt Island has it's own Department of Public Safety. The island is within the confines of the 19th Precinct but radio runs are handled by the 114 Precinct because the only land access is via the Roosevelt Island Bridge connecting Queens to the island.

Re your Transit Division question: The F line subway stop on the island is covered by Transit Division 3 (Brooklyn East / Queens).

SCANdal

Last edited by SCANdal on Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Bklyns_Finest347

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roosevelt Island Public Safety Freq: http://www.n2nov.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=40
Post new topic   Reply to topic    n2nov.net Forum Index -> Transit Scanning All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: